Qualifying your buyer
The phrase “Willing and Able” hardly appears on estate agency documentation today. However, it remains essential to vetting prospective buyers and ensuring they are willing and able to proceed.
Apart from the obvious financial issues governing the buyer’s “ability” to proceed, there are several other things we look for in prospective buyers for your property.
To help qualify your buyers, we ask:
- What has prompted your move?
- When do you hope to move?
- Do you have a property to sell to fund your purchase?
- When would you like to complete?
Their answers are all fundamental to ensure that there are no nasty surprises at the last minute.
To comply with anti-money laundering regulations, we obtain the following documents to ensure that your buyer is in a stable position to move forward with the purchase of your property:
- Proof of Funds
- A mortgage agreement in principle
- Photographic identification
- Buyers solicitor’s details