Tenants Contents Insurance

Why choose Contents Insurance if you’re a Tenant?

Whether you’re a daily commuter, remote worker or simply prize your valuables and tech, you want to be safe in the knowledge that your possessions are covered both at home and away.

Comprehensive cover through Samuel Estates can also give certain extras that are not available with most other providers.

For example, if you are working from home, ensuring business critical contents in your house means that if you rely on your business items and stock to operate, you can be covered – including your personal possessions too.

And, you can consolidate all your separate policies and insurance outgoings with a single provider.

Do I need Contents Insurance if my Landlord already has Insurance?

In most cases Landlords have Contents Insurance on fixtures and items that were provided as part of the tenancy. This means their items are insured, this doesn’t apply to the belongings and possessions of tenants however, so it’s a smart choice to take out your own policy if your are renting.

Extra protection for what matters to you

You may buy Accidental Damage cover for an additional price. Your schedule will show if you have this cover.

Please note that Accidental Damage cover up to the sum insured for sudden, unexpected damage where the cause can be determined.

What can be covered?

  • Variable Sum Insured Protection up to £65,000
  • Valuable items and personal possessions
  • Tenants Liability (deposit issues)
  • Mobile Phones up to £1000
  • Laptops up to £2000
  • Money in the home
  • Audio Visual Equipment
  • Bicycle cover up to £2,500 (theft)
  • Business Equipment up to £5,000
  • Lost or stolen keys
  • Credit Cards
  • Damage or loss caused by things such as fire, storm, flood, theft, escape of water, vandalism and subsidence
  • Alternative Accommodation for costs of alternative accommodation or cost of rent if your home can’t be lived in

Get your quote today

It’s easy, simply fill out your details and a representative from Ceta will be in touch to discuss your Tenants Contents Insurance requirements

In Partnership with Ceta Insurance, Samuel Estates is an introducer appointed representative of Ceta Insurance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 307824.

CETA Insurance Ltd – registered office: CETA House, Cromwell Business Park, Chipping Norton, Oxon, OX7 5SR Registered in England and Wales no. 02827690.

Page last updated: 12-02-2021

Compare listings